Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Update on Sparky the Dog

From Sue:
A note to thank you again for your kindness and support for our family. I truly believe that the prayers for Sparky are working. We took him to an Oncologist and got a very good feeling from him, the office staff and the entire facility. The Vet said "He's not a sick dog (because Sparky acts so normal), he's just a dog with a problem". I like that attitude. So, we are going to go with his recommendation of five radiation treatments for him. Hopefully they will start next week. I spoke to the Vet again on Friday, asking if we can expedite the treatments because I felt he was getting worse, but he explained that Sparky is most likely congested again too, (and not the tumor growing at an increasingly rapid speed as I feared), so he prescribed some medicine for him that have helped him breathe a little easier over the weekend. I keep putting Holy Water on his head and praying, which confuses him a bit, but I want to do all that I can for him.

Thank you too for your continued prayers for my Sigfried. This means so much to me. I keep thinking that the false alarm (and finding her twin) in December must be a sign from God to keep the faith. It was so unusual to get a call after so long. It reminded me of what happened when you found Honey and the woman who had your weather-worn flyer but could still read your phone number on it. I keep your miracle of finding Honey in my thoughts all the time.

Well, I just wanted to update you on where we are with him. I will keep you posted on his progress.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless you, Sue, for your update to us about Sparky! My prayer vigil for your precious Sparky has continued ever since you first posted, and please know I will continue for both Sparky and your Sigfried, too.
God Bless, Sparky, about the Holy Water - I suppose that might be a bit confusing, bless his heart, but you keep anointing him, I truly believe, too!!
I also remembered your Sparky to a dear friend who is a long-time Husky "Mom", and she is sending positive healing thoughts, too.
St. Jude, Blessed Francis Seelos, St. Francis, St. Martin, St. Roch, please keep Sparky in your healing embrace - may the prescribed treatments be both curative and healing, please let Sparky have no discomfort, and may his health be restored; and St. Jude and St. Anthony, please help in locating Sigfried, protect him wherever he may be, and guide him safely home to his family. Hugs and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Dear Lord, please hold Sparky close and continue to heal him, clear his congestion and ease him through his radiation treatments to wellness. Please guide and direct the vets that are caring for Sparky; thank You.