Friday, March 16, 2012

Good News! - Peanut the Dog

From Maria:
"Peanut"
FANTASTIC NEWS! Peanut will be OK!!

My husband and I spent all day yesterday at the University of Washington Veterinary College at Pullman where, under the care of the neurology and neurosurgery department, Peanut had an MRI and spinal tap. They determined that he had suffered a "spinal cord stroke" and with extensive physical therapy, will recover. He will be spending the next several days at the university undergoing physical therapy and we'll bring him home to resume the therapy at home.

When I asked for your prayers Peanut couldn't move his legs and could barely lift his head. He hadn't eaten or urinated for at least 2 days. I couldn't imagine that he'd be able to recover from something this sudden and devasting but I tried to be positive and repeat affirmations. Knowing you're praying with me helped me to relax occasionally so I could at least calm my mind and see him healthy and whole.
We received a call from the university last night informing us that Peanut has been eating, drinking, urinating, defecating, and has already begun his physical therapy!! I truly see this as a miracle.
I don't know how I can ever thank you all for your prayers except to join you in prayer for other sweet pets who need help too.
God bless you all and thank you!

7 comments:

Pet Lover said...

Our prayers are with Peanuts, Hope to see a fully recovered peanut ASAP.

Laura said...

Thank God! I'd been thinking about him all day.

Anonymous said...

Yay Peanut...God is good! What a miracle...she is even cuter than her name! :) God bless all of you.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Peanut..I forgot you're a "HE" :)
What a miraculous boy!!!

Anonymous said...

God Bless Peanut, the prayers will continue!! Thanks be to God and all our Saints, Angels, and prayer warriors!
Bless you, too, Maria!

Anonymous said...

What great news! Thank You, Lord!
What a little cutie Peanut is, Maria.

Dear Lord, please watch over Peanut and bless him with a speedy recovery, thank You.

Thoughts and prayers are with you.

kit said...

Great news!!! Thank you, Lord!