Friday, February 24, 2012

Update on Giacomo the Cat

From Bonnie from email sent to me:
I posted an update on Giacomo as a comment. He is doing great! Back to normal. I really can't thank you enough for your kindness to me and for the prayers and kind words from everyone. It's been such a source of comfort for me, and I believe it truly made the difference. From what I've learned, a cat that does not eat for 5 days can be in real danger of becoming very ill and is even at risk for completely refusing to eat again. I believe the prayers made the difference. I will update in a week or so as a check in. And I will continue to visit your site and read peoples' petitions for prayers.

Thank you again.

...and from comment she left earlier:

Thank you so much for the prayers that he continues to do well! And, yep, I love his name too :) I wondered about whether or not I should taper his dose. The vet did not say that I should. I thought about asking, but I went ahead and stopped it all together on Wednesday night. The wonderful news is, he is back to his normal eating-- 2 days without the appetite stimulant. So good to know though, that resuming the meds was helpful for your boy; I will certainly keep that in mind if his appetite declines. Thanking you all for your prayers. A very big thank you to Esther for answering my request immediately, and for creating this site. I was completely at a loss and turned to prayer and you all.. And it worked. And I felt comforted, even before my cat improved. All I can say is thank you, thank you, thank you. And I will continue to pray for all your petitions posted here, as I feel a part of a wonderful group that truly makes a difference.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

May the blessing of good health continue for Giacomo, thank You, Lord.

Anonymous said...

Hugs and blessings to you, Bonnie, and every blessing for Giacomo, too, God Bless him!! So happy for your news - you've both been so in my heart.
May all the Saints, Blesseds, and Holy Angels continue to keep watch over Giacomo and grace his health for many years to come.
Kitty kisses to your handsome boy!

Anonymous said...

For most special Mikey, God Bless him. Blessed Francis Seelos, St. Roch, St. Francis, St. Martin, and St. Jude, please lay your healing and comforting touch upon Mikey.
Please in your mercy allow the lung spots and the leg tumour to be completely benign and be of no bother to Mikey. Prayer is so very powerful. Keeping vigil with you for Mikey.