Thursday, November 8, 2012

Update - Toby the Dog

From Chris:
I have great news! Two days after his surgery the vet in charge at the time thought we should euthanize him. I posted my requests for your prayers and asked for prayers from all my friends and family. I never stopped praying. Then I got a sign. I always wear a cross under my clothes next to my heart. Along with the cross is a leaf pendent for someone who is very dear to me. That night when I went to get ready for bed I looked in the mirror and my cross was on the outside of my shirt all by itself. The next day we got a call saying that Toby was sitting up in his cage all by himself! The vets are calling his recovery remarkable and a miracle. They said his recovery was one for the record books. We have him at home now and he still has to go in for checkups and is on a lot of medication but he is his old frisky self again! He still has the staples in from his surgery and the medicine makes him sleep a lot more but when he's awake he's all over the place getting into mischief. Thank you all for your prayers for Toby and God bless all of you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fantastic wonderful news, Chris! I wish I could post a GREAT BIG SMILE :)
This is indeed a miraculous healing for Toby; thank You Lord!

May the blessings continue for you, Chris and your little miracle dog Toby.

God bless you both!

kristina said...

Wow, God is good...go miracle boy, Toby! Will keep the prayers going.

Anonymous said...

For Chris and Toby, God Bless you both, and know that the prayers continue!!! And special thanks to all our Saints for their intercession for Toby. May they continue to keep Toby in their healing, comforting embrace, strengthen him and restore his health.
God Bless you Chris and please tell Toby we love him and send him many doggie hugs (gentle ones)!