Saturday, September 8, 2012

Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary

Picture source

There are many times when a prayer request for one of our pets or animals is so urgent, so hard to believe that it can be answered, that  we have needed to ask for the intercession of the Mother of God herself.  The prayer that I find to be non-failing was in fact recommended by Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta herself.  It is the express novena of nine (hence novena) Memorare prayers in a row.

I wanted to take this occasion, Feast of the Nativity of Mary to say mahalo nui loa Blessed Mother for all the times you have interceded for us, for our pets and our families.

And, as we say here in Hawaii: Hau`oli Lā Hānau!!  With much aloha from the Prayers for Our Pets Prayer Warriors and friends.

Memorare


Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, 
that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection,
 implored thy help, 
or sought thine intercession was left unaided. 
Inspired by this confidence, 
I fly unto thee, 
O Virgin of virgins, my mother; 
to thee do I come, 
before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. 
O Mother of the Word Incarnate, 
despise not my petitions, 
but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen. 

  Prayer source.

3 comments:

kristina said...

Perfect timing for all God's beloved pets and especially dear Cody.

Lou Ann/PA said...

Hi Esther and hugs . . . . wanted to say a special thank you for posting this in special honour of our precious BVM. I have always had a very special devotion to Our Lady, and the Memorare is a very favorite of mine.
It was so lovely and inspirational of you to post this tribute on 9/8, thank you so much!!!
Terribly sorry to be so delayed in responding. Some days/nights only allow me a few minutes here and it was one of those weeks.
Just had to especially thank you -- brought me so much joy and peace to see this!
Hugs, L

EC Gefroh said...

Lou Ann, please do not apologize!! I am just happy when you have a chance to comment, etc.
God bless,