Monday, December 19, 2011

Zeb the Dog's Beautiful Death

My friend Mary gave me permission to share her story about Zeb with you. Thank you for your kind comments and prayers for Mary.

My dog's name is Zeb. He pretty much died of old age. He hated the vets so I prayed that he would have a gentle death at home. The veterinarian had given us pain medication to ease his final days so he was pretty pain-free.

He died while I rocked him and prayed the Rosary. I asked Mother Mary to speed up his passing and I guess she certainly did because he died by the 3rd decade. Even though his death was expected I bawled for hours. Dogs are just so sweet and loving, I can't seem to resist them. Good thing Michaela was in school yesterday, I had no control over the tears and it would have upset her terribly. Thank you for offering to post his name on your blog - we will miss him so much. The puppy, Caesar, seemed to understand that Zeb was very sick and was very gentle with him at the end :)

Esther, I sure hope there are animals in heaven. Some say no but I think there are.

God bless!



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless you for posting about Zeb and thoughts and prayers of comfort for your friend, Mary. I believe animals are in Heaven as do many of different faiths: http://happycatholic.blogspot.com/2004/07/are-there-animals-in-heaven.html

EC Gefroh said...

Thanks for the link. I believe animals are in Heaven too, especially our beloved pets.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Mary, thank you so much for allowing Esther to share your most beautiful account of your last hours spent with your beloved Zeb. That is the most special account I have ever read and my tears are rolling, too, with yours and Esther's, and I know many others here, too.
I am so very sorry you had to say an earthly farewell, but I, too, believe with all my heart that you and Zeb will meet again in Heaven, and until that time Zeb will surely remain close to you in spirit. He'll do it in such a special way that you will have no doubt that he is indeed staying close to you.
All my hugs and prayers, and a most special blessing for dear Caesar the puppy, too.
Bless you!

Mary N. said...

Esther,
Thank you so much for posting Zeb's story. We will miss him so much. I appreciate the prayers, the kind words, and the link in the comment section. May God bless each one of you.

Can I join in as a prayer warrior?

EC Gefroh said...

Ah, Mary! Thank you. I just added you :-)BTW, my mom was SO touched by this story.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear your loss...I believe that animals go to heaven too. God bless!!!

kit said...

Such a beautiful story...God Bless!!!