Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Prayer Request for Remy the Dog

From Kelly:  I saw your beautiful blog filled with prayers to our loved furry friends. If you would be so kind as to please post this I would greatly appreciate it.

Remy was given to me when I was 17, a time in my life where I questioned my existence and falling from my faith. At this time I was unaware of my undiagnosed depression and bipolar disorder. I knew something was wrong with me and it was spiraling out of control. I was ultimately going to commit suicide. My parents decided to get my a puppy so I had something to love and have to live for. Fortunately, they were right in this decision. I instantaneously fell in love and have had my boy for 7 years. Interestingly enough, he was the last to be sold of his litter and was tattooed K06. My first name just so happens to start with a K and I got him in the year 2006- I believe he is a gift from God.

He was just recently diagnosed with Lymphoma and was given a short period of time left to live. Ironically, I work for a veterinary center and brought him in because he was acting a little punky and his lymph nodes were swollen. I had no idea he was really that ill. I just thought he was fighting off an infection or something treatable. I decided to go forward with an affordable chemotherapy treatment that will help him live comfortably and extend his life for approximately one year. I just need prayers to go out to my special boy to live the rest of his life happily and free of pain. The Dr. said he is doing quite well from the steroids alone and now that he is going through chemo, he may live longer than expected. Such good news! I'm praying that he will live longer; but if not, I want him to be able to go without discomfort.
Thank you so much for your prayers,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless you, Kelly, and I am so glad you found Esther's most special site!
Be assured of my prayers, and I know many others here, for your precious Remy.
Blessed Francis Xavier Seelos, St. Jude, St. Roch, St. Anthony, St. Benedict, St. Francis, please in your mercy take Remy into your healing comforting embrace. Despite any predictions, please let Kelly's love for Remy and the treatments he is receiving heal him and grant him many more precious years with Kelly.
Many prayers on the way for Remy!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much. His lymph nodes went down after treatment. We had a few scares but, he's doing so much better! I really appreciate this.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the prayers you have given. Remy is doing much better after treatment. His lymph nodes have finally went down. Although this isn't a cure, I'm confident that we will have more time with him.

EC Gefroh said...

That is very good news! God bless.