Thursday, December 27, 2012

Sad News: Lucy the Dog, Good News: Duncan the dog

From Jenn:
I wanted to thank you for offering a place for those of us with missing or hurt companions to go for prayer requests. It really did help me not turn into a basket case yesterday. Duncan, my chocolate lab, was found last night. We picked him up from the animal shelter this morning. However, my baby girl, Lucy, was hit by a car or truck this morning/last night. I had raised her from birth, as her mother is my yellow lab (Samantha). While we are so very grateful that Duncan has returned to us, we are so completely sad that Lucy was lost. I believe that when my time comes I will be reunited with all of the pets I have lost, but for now I must make the painful journey alone. Thanks once again,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks be to God for the safe return of Duncan and may God hold you close as you mourn the loss of your much loved ♥Lucy♥.

Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Anonymous said...

Oh Jenn, I am truly so very sorry to learn of your Lucy, even though we've not ever met my heart is breaking with yours. God Bless Duncan and please give him a hug for me. A special thank you to the Saints and Holy Ones for his safe return to your loving arms.
I cannot begin to imagine the sadness that has veiled your loving home and God Bless each of you.
I am so very glad you found Esther's most special site here - it is a very precious place.
My deepest condolences to you and your husband, and Lucy's Mama, Samantha, and Lucy's other special pals at your home.
Yes, Jenn, too, I agree with you and believe you certainly will be reunited in Heaven with each of your precious 'babies'/companions who entered the Holy Gates before you. I believe this with all my heart.
Jenn, I have whispered to my own Dad in Heaven this very sad news of your Lucy and I know he will watch for her and please know he will have a special hug and pocketful of treats for your special girl.
I know the loss is so very crushing right now but I also believe Lucy will find a very special way to let you know she is very much with you in spirit.
Warmest hugs and all my prayers for you and yours at this difficult time.