Friday, October 21, 2011

The Creation

Dedicated to dog lovers, especially those who have lost your beloved dog.

The following was emailed to me by my friend Taylor after I told her that Coco died.

When God had made the earth and sky the flowers and the trees, He then made all the animals the fish, the birds and bees. And when at last He'd finished not one was quite the same. He said, "I'll walk this world of mine and give each one a name." And so He traveled far and wide and everywhere He went, a little creature followed Him until it's strength was spent. When all were named upon the earth and in the sky and sea, the little creature said, "Dear Lord, there's not one left for me." Kindly the Father said to him, "I've left you to the end. I've turned my own name back to front and called you dog, My friend."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful, thank you so much for sharing this lovely piece of writing, Esther.

EC Gefroh said...

I'm so glad you liked it too.

Anonymous said...

So precious, Esther, thank you for sharing!

EC Gefroh said...

You're welcome. All animals are terrific but dogs are special.