Friday, February 12, 2010

Urgent Prayer Request for Portia the Cat

From Maria:
I am working in New York and my husband and 2 year old daughter are still in Europe waiting for us to be reunited. My husband finally told me today that our front door had opened with a huge gust of wind and by the time he found the door open, my beloved Portia, a beautiful 3 year old orange cat, was gone. She has never done this even with an open door. Her mother does stroll outside but never she nor her brother. My husband found her brother hiding in a corner so I am wondering if someone found the door open and took my cat or if she ran out. Whatever the case, I am simply broken-hearted and don't know where to begin. he found this website for me for some consolation but I am inconsolable at this time. It is bad enough to be far from home because out of financial urgency but this is the last of a long line of heart-breaking news since I left Jan. 1. I beg God for her return as she cannot have certain food and will become very ill if someone tries to feed her anything but dry. She is allergic to canned food. I ask all of your reading this to please say a prayer for her return and in return, I promise to keep this website live and pray daily for the needs of all on the page. I know what illness of a pet is a like and now being missing is something I cannot easily accept. God Bless you all!
Please keep Portia and all our missing pets in your prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My thughts and rayers are with you and your family. I will pray for Portia's safe return and for God to give you the strength to remain hopeful and peaceful as you await her return. Best of luck to you in your difficult times.

EC Gefroh said...

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.