Saturday, April 23, 2011

Sad News - Olivia the Dog and Prayer Request for Jessica, Olivia's Owner

"Olivia" and Jessica
From Mark:
...Olivia was very special to us because we had a great dog already and my 11 year old daughter wanted a dog of her own. She had a special set of requirements, but insisted upon getting a rescue. She found Olivia on the internet, a rescue from a puppy mill. Olivia turned out to be exactly what she ordered. Unfortunately she was diagnosed with cancer that had already spread from her intestine to her liver in September.

I contacted you again in late January when Olivia seemed to take a turn for the worse, and again you were kind enough to accommodate our request. Olivia fought a courageous battle, but unfortunately the cancer overtook her little body and we lost her on Wednesday April 20. Needless to say we are all terribly upset. This time I must ask your readers for prayers for my daughter Jessica. She is having a real hard time after losing her best friend.


Your site brought us comfort, and it amazed me how so many pet owners took time through their own grief to console and pray for us. Thank you so much for bringing us this site. I will continue to read it and pray for all the pets listed here. I hope others will pray for my daughter Jessica and her true love Olivia Lynn. Since it is Good Friday, I will close with words that Jesus gave us, “blessed are those that mourn, for they shall be comforted”. Thank You and may God Bless you and all those you bring comfort to.

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

Prayers for Jessica. She and her best friend Olivia will be together some day...

EC Gefroh said...

Thank you Adrienne. I believe that too.

Mark E said...

Thank you both so much. Our entire family is mouring the loss of Olivia, and the thoughts and prayers do help.