Thursday, March 31, 2011

Urgent Prayer Request for Daisy the Dog

From Tara:
My dog Daisy has been lost. She was placed with a rescue after I had lost my job and had to move out of my sister’s house. She became pregnant (she’s older-7 years old) and the vet told me that because of her size in relation to other Dachshunds, it would be impossible for her to become pregnant. I panicked when I found out she was pregnant and called Dachshund rescue. I told them that I needed to surrender her puppy, but I wanted to re-adopt her after I got back on my feet financially. They strung me along for 8 months, asking for all sorts of paperwork and vetting information for my other dogs. I submitted everything and they still were stringing me along.



I have to give you a little bit of my background. I lost everything a few years ago. I first lost my dear father from Brain Cancer in 1996, I met a man who I thought was my soul mate right before my dad passed. My mother didn’t like him from the beginning, but I didn’t listen. He had good job with the local fire department and I had a successful mortgage business. He began using drugs and abusing me. He ended up living on the street and I lost everything: My business, my savings, my car, my house-everything. I ended up taking care of my mom until she passed away from Cancer in 2004. I have a younger sister who does not speak to me because of my mom’s life insurance policy. My mom wanted to give me more because I ended up taking care of her for the last six years of her life.



I was diagnosed in 2007 with Ovarian cancer. I cannot have children, so my dogs are my children. I received a call from an ex-board member of this rescue organization on March 24th who told me that they never intended to give her back to me and the she ran away from her “foster” dad on March 3rd. He is a process server and had her riding around in the car with him. She must have escaped during one of his stops.



This little dog is my life. I have other dogs, but she is special. This rescue organization’s veterinarian led me to believe that her life was in danger and that I had to surrender her in order for her to survive. My heart is broken and I am so depressed. I’m afraid I am going to lose my job because I can’t function. I’ve attached pictures of her and the places where she might have escaped.



Please pray for me and Daisy to be reunited very soon.



God Bless,

No comments: